May 6, 2010

Crochet Mania

Out of the blue I'm crocheting my ass off :)
Actually, not completely out of the blue: a friend asked me if I could make some cotton flowers to apply on her little girls' clothes. When I said yes, I *think* I can do that or learn how to do it, she sent me a package with different yarns. Haha, way to go, having all that material in hands made me start right away and now I find myself hooked (yep, silly pun^^).
Internet is such a good help: on Youtube you can find many, many crocheting tutorials and for a beginner like me that's perfect, easier than learning it from a book. And the English names for stitches make more sense to me.

Hope that, with enough practise, I can switch to making my own designs, with a more edgy twist. But for now flowers & butterflies are fine and I don't care if it makes me look like the typical cat lady. Got the cats, got some grey hair, got the ball of yarn next to me...all I need now is a rocking chair to complete the image! :)

1 comment:

  1. Those flowers and butterflies are absolutely cute!
    You're amazing ^_^

    Oh btw.. I changed my blog..
    Wordpress wasn't really working out to well for me.
    You can find my new blog here: http://samirastitches.blogspot.com/

    x
    Samira

    ReplyDelete